About the Artist
Mr. Koleszar first studied at the Silvermine Guild Art School (then the college of art) before entering Syracuse University. Though interrupted by his being drafted into the armed services, he served two years in Germany and received the Soldier of The Cycle Award. During this time his memories of the hills and mountains of Germany, scenery of Switzerland lingered. That lead him to appreciate the beauty that also is here in New England and ultimately drew him away from New York City.
After returning to Syracuse, he graduated with a BFA in illustration. He then went on to Grey Advertising Agency, and SSC&B to become an art director, then a creative director in Philadelphia.
Subsequently, his passion for watercolor brought him to study with internationally renowned artists, Frank Webb, Robert Calrow, and Tony VanHasselt. His feelings for the earth and its scenery are reflected in the wonderful landscapes painted by this artist. His works are primarily landscapes though he has done home, and boat portraits along with seascapes. His style has luminosity and a strong composition that involves the reviewer to feel for nature as he does.
Mr. Koleszar has been or is presently a member of local art groups and exhibits mainly in art shows in the New England area where he makes his home.
Awards achieved by him include:
- The Feinsons Watercolor Award in Danbury Connecticut
- First & Second place with the Bethel Art League
- The R. Landino Memorial Award from the Connecticut Classic Art League
- Second place awarded in the 2009 Member Show with Richter Association for the Arts
- First place in the Rowayton Art Center 2009 Paint Rowayton Plein Air Day
- The Presidential Honors Award from Kent Art Association Members Exhibition
He is a past chairman of the Redding Arts Council and is a member of the Norwalk Lions Club.